Handmade Diamond Painting Pen, also known as a drill pen or DP Pen, for diamond painting ( 5d Diamond Art ).
Made on Feb 27th 2021, this is a diamond painting pen, or a drill pen. It has a single placer tip on the front and a 4x on the back.
The pen was turned from a blank I poured using multiple colors of mother of pearl mica powder mixed together for swirls. There is also some bright red mixed at one end of it from a previous pour that still had some resin left in the bottom of the mold that I didn't know about. It sure makes this DP pen interesting! The swirls of the mother of pearl are really, really beautiful.
I did not glue in the front tip, opting to pressure fit it inside instead do you can replace the front if you ever need to. Please see photos for size comparison to a pencil and length.
*NOTE - This is a hand created item from pouring the blank with 2 part resin to mixing the colors, to picking the wood (if this item is a hybrid) to and turning and sanding and this item and may have characteristics of such. There may be dents or nicks from the turning process, which I do my best to smooth out before shipping. My handmade items are not created in a factory and are not meant to be factory precision made. Each is unique, a manual creation. Please do not buy my DP Pens if you are looking for something that is factory-made or you cannot tolerate unique characteristics like a bump or nick here or a weird swirl of color there.*
My diamond painting pens are handcrafted by me using resin, dyes, and powders. These are NOT store-bought "acrylic" pen blanks mass-produced. I make each one myself. If you're looking for factory precision produced stuff with no heart or soul put into it, you can find plenty on Amazon or Etsy from other sellers. My items are made by me with my tools and like any non factory produced item, it may have hand made characteristics. That's what makes my drill pens (dp pens) so unique and beautiful. They're all one of a kind!
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Corby Bender, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.
YES! I make all items by hand in my garage wood shop in Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA. I use a variety of tools including a drill press, table saw, sanding equipment, and a wood lathe. Some of the items I produce have parts supplied by a 3rd party, such as all the bits that make pens work, but I make all the custom pieces and assemble the final product by hand.
I may be able to customize certain products, depending on the request and the product being asked about. As an example, if you see a bottle stopper you love but you would rather have a version made in Ironwood instead of Bubinga, I can do that for you. There may be a slight difference in cost if the material you are requesting is more expensive than the material I have on hand.
For rings, I use the standard US size system. If you use an alternative system such as that used in EU, or if you provide me your ring finger size in MM, I can match the closest US size to your request and make sure your ring fits as closely as possible.
Caring for pens is simple. Keep them dry and don't toss them around. Like any item, you can damage, scratch, or scuff anything sold in my shop if it is not cared for. Regarding rings, when wood gets wet, it can expand and contract. It is suggested to keep wooden rings away from water. While I do coat the rings with a water-resistant finish for some level of protection, it is recommended to avoid getting them wet to ensure the longest life of the product.
Avoid acetone exposure! Fingernail polish remover will destroy the finish on a lot of the pens and rings I make.
Unfortunately, no. I am one man in one small shop making pieces every few days. I do not have a factory and I do not mass produce items. They are all custom, unique, and hand made by me.
I've recently had a situation when sending pens to the UK. I was unaware that beyond the shipping charges Etsy puts in place to get my pen packages outside of the USA, there can be additional charges applied that the customer is expected to pay.
If you are ordering from outside of the United States, please have a look at this article. While it is specific to the UK and Royal Mail, this concept could also apply to your region or country.
I have hundreds of blanks and from time to time it may be necessary to substitute a blank that was pictured for another. I sometimes give blanks away to buyers and forget to remove the blank from listings before someone buys it. If a blank you have picked from a listing that has variations, IE "blank AJ3" is not available, I will always try to substitute it for a blank that was poured in the same batch, meaning you might get AJ5 instead. When a substitution from the same pour is not possible due to inventory limits, I will repour the blank using the same material...that means the same resin, the same type of wood, and as close to I can get it, the same types of colors.
These are hand-created items from pouring the blank with 2 part resin to mixing the colors, to picking the wood (if this item is a hybrid) to and turning and sanding and this item and may have characteristics of such. There may be dents or nicks from the turning process, which I do my best to smooth out before shipping. My handmade items are not created in a factory and are not meant to be factory precision made. Each is unique, a manual creation. Please do not buy any of my items if you are looking for something that is factory-made or you cannot tolerate unique characteristics like a bump or nick here or a weird swirl of color there.